FOR MORE INFORMATION
click here to contact
Ms. Erni Bridges
Scholarship Committee Chair
or call (703-921-1311)
“I applied and was accepted into my first choice major of biomedical engineering (UVA). I've been interested in this particular field since I was in high school, so I was very excited to finally begin learning about my true interests.
I presented my research at the National Society of Black Engineers Annual Convention in Anaheim, California this past March. I received third place in the Technical Research Exhibition. I also traveled to Miami, Florida to share our prenatal project ideas with other undergraduate students at the Clinton Global Initiative University conference. At this conference, I met Chelsea Clinton, and had the opportunity to hear Bill and Hilary Clinton speak!
Thank you (Arlington Links) for your continued support during my first few years of college! It truly means a lot.”
University of Virginia,
Class of 2017
Arlington (VA) Chapter of The Links, Inc. Scholarship
We are proud and excited to announce that our 2017 Application Process is now open. The application deadline is March 31, 2017. Attached you will find our application package for review and for our scholarship program.
Our award-winning Chapter is proud of the many students who have successfully completed our “Scholarship Program.” Our students have not only excelled academically for four years, but have given back by participating in stellar community projects for the betterment of people that live and work in the communities they live in. Our students are not only world changers but they are our future.
To make college graduation an attainable goal for minority students, based on merit and economic need.
Recipients receive financial assistance for up to four years, when meeting all of our academic minimums required stated in our application package.
High School Graduating Seniors in our service areas (Arlington, Alexandria, City of Alexandria) including Alexandria and Arlington (VA) residents who attend Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and
Reflect a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST INCLUDE:
All applications must be printed or typed and post marked / received on or before 31 MARCH 2017.
2017 Scholarship Application
• Submit three letters of recommendation (Example: From a Counselor, Teacher, and Community leader).
• Reflect a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale as verified by an official high school transcript or by an accompanying certification from an appropriate school official (i.e. School Registrar or Guidance Counselor).
• Must have an Official Academic Transcript (displaying the official
school seal) with a cumulative grade point average OR signed by an appropriate school administrator (i.e. School Registrar or Guidance Counselor). The current high school transcript must include Grades 9-11 and all available senior year grades.
• Resume. Applicants must submit a resume identifying any work experience, school and extracurricular activities / awards / honors.
• A 300 - 400 word Essay written by you describing yourself, your values, your future career goals, examples of how you’ve given back to your community and lastly your thoughts on how you will best make a positive difference in our world.
• Attach a recent photo of yourself to the application.
• A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from your 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Arlington (VA) Chapter of the Links, Inc. welcomes contributions for our scholarship fund. Please click below to donate.
ZOE NICOLE BROUSSARD
University of California - Irvine
Class of 2019